West Gippsland Healthcare Group comprises a number of sites. They are Baw Baw Health and Community Care Centre, Community Services Centres in Warragul and Trafalgar, Cooinda Lodge Aged Care Residence, Rawson Community Health Centre, Andrews House Aged Care Residence, Warragul Linen Service and West Gippsland Hospital.
West Gippsland Healthcare Group's history dates back to 1888 when the community established a hospital to service the area between Melbourne and Sale. A member of an early settler family, Mary Sargeant, donated the land on which West Gippsland Hospital, the main campus of the Group, now stands.
West Gippsland Healthcare Group has health service delivery responsibilities across a mixture of rural, urban residential and agricultural areas located within the Shire of Baw Baw, and draws clientele from the peripheral east and west of the shire. The Group services a primary catchment population of approximately 40,000. The administrative headquarters are located at West Gippsland Hospital in Warragul, the largest town in the West Gippsland area.
West Gippsland Healthcare Group enjoys close links with other healthcare providers including the Ambulance Service, general practitioners, residential aged care providers, the Baw Baw Shire, other public and private hospitals and a range of other healthcare professionals in private practice.
West Gippsland Healthcare Group has full accreditation status from the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards.
West Gippsland Healthcare Group acknowledges the support of the Victorian Government.